Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This is not goodbye, it's see you soon.





Taylor left today for the MTC. He was nervous and scared but I think he was really excited to go. I told him to take lots of pictures so hopefully he will obey and then I can post them here for all of our family and friends to share in his new adventure. I hope that I can keep this blog up to date better than I do our famiy blog. :-)

The day started out with a haircut from Mom. His hair wasn't really long to begin with so it didn't take long. We finished packing & loaded up the car. Grandpa & Grandma Davis met us at IHOP in Orem for brunch. IHOP gives a free meal to missionaries on Wednesday before entering the MTC. After eating we still had about one hour before going to the MTC so we went to the Provo Temple and took some family pictures.





Then, off to the MTC. They don't do things the way they used to years ago. When my brothers and sister left on their missions we all went as a family to the MTC. We would all go into the building and sit for a short orientation meeting, then tell the missionary goodbye as they left through an opposite door from us. Nowadays you only get a brief hug at the curb before they are whisked away.



Curbside at the MTC are about 25 parking stations. You follow the missionary guides until you get to the number assigned to you. Ours was #23



As we pulled up to the curb a young missionary met us there, he greeted us and then helped Taylor get his bags out of the car.


We all got to hug Taylor and tell him goodbye and then the young missionary wheeled his 2 suitcases and they walked away. Okay, Taylor did wave goodbye before he left.






We are so proud of Taylor. He will be a great asset to the people of California.

No comments:

Post a Comment